Pages

April 1, 2016

April Sketch Challenge at Blue Fern Studios


I can't believe how the months are flying by this year! It is time for the April Sketch Challenge over at Blue Fern Studios and here is my layout I'd love to share, featuring the gorgeous Courtship Lane papers and my ballerina who isn't camera shy in her costume for her youth ballet show, Coppelia!

Here is the gorgeous sketch this layout was based on:



Of course I had to used the ballerina from the Music Box chipboard, embossed with Imagine Ink Embossing Powder in Cotton Candy.  I have also done a little cluster in the top right hand corner of the layout with the Turkish Bits, again with the Imagine Ink Embossing Powder in Cotton Candy. Here you can see the gorgeous Courtship Lane Roses.


I have tucked in some of the Courtship Lane West Plaza paper under my photos here, adding more Courtship Lane Roses and Blooms. To tie in with the black lacing on the costume I have added some black seambinding in a bow and some black lace.  I have added some stamping from the music stamp from the Texture Circles Stamp Set and the diamond pattern from the Forever Stamp Set.


Here you can see more Courtship Lane blooms and the I Think You're Wonderful Chipboard  which I have embossed with the Imagine Ink Embossing Powders in Cotton Candy and Heavenly


To finish off my layout, I added some masking and molding paste and some purple splashes. I tucked in a tag for journaling and a Reneabouquet butterfly.

 Blue Fern Studios Supplies:

Paper:
Blue Fern Studios Courtship Lane Collection~Calling Cards
Blue Fern Studios Montage Collection~West Plaza


Chipboard:
Music Box
Turkish Bits
I Think You're Wonderful

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Cotton Candy
Heavenly

Stamps:
Texture Circles
Forever

Flowers:
Courtship Blooms
Courtship Roses


Now it is your turn! We would love for you to use the April Sketch as inspiration for your project. We will have a prize for one lucky winner (from a random draw), and will feature a few projects from YOU at the end of the month!

We ask that you follow these guidelines:

  1.  Feel free to interpret the sketch as you please by means of taking it as-is or flipping/turning/mirroring it to suit your needs, but please make sure your layout resembles the sketch.
  2. Please note that you can do whatever type of project you please - a layout, card, canvas, altered item- whatever suits your mood and style! We would love to see the different ways our sketch can be used.
  3. You must use at least one piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard OR use Blue Fern Studios paper on your project. Please note that you do not need to use the pieces featured in the sketch - use whatever suits your fancy! You can find the store nearest you HERE.{Do not use any other brand of chipboard on your project, please!
  4. Upload your project using the Inlinkz tool below by midnight EST on April 30, 2016.

No comments: