Pages

February 25, 2015

XOXOXO

This week at La-La Land Crafts the theme is a Sketch! Here is the sketch we used:


Here is my take on the sketch! This week I did a layout and hope I transferred the sketch into this form well enough!



I used the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios Sanctuary papers for this layout and of course I used lots of gorgeous La-La Land Crafts dies !!


In this close up you can see the gorgeous Large Lacy Border Die  which I used as the repeating element from the sketch behind my photo.  I used some gorgeous Prima and Petaloo flowers from my stash to create a cluster around my photo which I fussy cut.  My title flag came from the Stitched Elements die set and I added the beautiful Berry Flourish Die to my flower cluster.


I cut out the Fancy Butterfly Die  in white card and then inked it to match the colors in my layout. For the color in the background of the layout I used my Raspberry gelato. I have owned most of the gelatos for a long time now but haven't really played a lot with them, so it was good to get one out and have a play! I also added a bit of background stamping.

I played along with this challenge at ARTtastic using the colors and image for inspiration. I tried to use a photo that had a similar position to the artist's model in the painting and think this worked pretty well!!


For a finishing touch I added a lot of random stitching around the edges.

I hope you like my layout this week!! 
Don't forget, you can join in all the fun at La-La Land Crafts 
by adding your creations to our Facebook Page and Twitter.

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

It's such a lovely layout. Great way to showcase such a beautiful photo.