Pages

November 12, 2014

Wintry Day: A Layout for La-La Land Crafts


This week at La-La Land Crafts the theme is It's Cold Outside.

This week I did a fun watercolor background technique for my layout and chose three of my La-La Land Crafts dies to showcase! Just a few embellishments added to this layout to make it pop.


I chose a gorgeous photo I took of our village during one of our rare snow falls. I love the blue of the boat popping out of the photo and used that to help make my background color choice. I added some beautiful flowers from my stash and here you can see the Cherry Blossom Branch Die  I used to add to my flower cluster.


The gorgeous blue watercolor background makes a perfect backdrop for the Snowflake Banner die. I cut apart all the gorgeous snowflakes from the banner and spread them across the layout.


Behind the photo I used the Lattice Border die to add a design element. I also added some white twine from my stash around the photo. I really had fun experimenting with new techniques and streamlined embellishments. I love how this turned out!

Don't forget, you can join in all the fun here at La-La Land Crafts
 by adding your creations to our Facebook Page and Twitter.

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

I really love this layout. It's just stunning.