Pages

June 21, 2014

More Vintage Love for Frosted Designs June Kit: Capture the Moment

.Capture the Moment

Cathi back with some more projects made with the gorgeous


I decided I wanted to use a travel themed Time Traveler ATC as the title for my layout, so I chose a photo of my two girls I took last year in Tuscany, just loved visiting the old villages and this gorgeous tree lined road!! I love the title: The World Is Yours To Explore!!! I hope they take the chance to travel the world. I have done my fair share of traveling, having backpacked from London to Egypt in my young days, worked in Africa, honeymooned in Fiji and New Zealand, not to mention having moved continents after marrying an Irishman (I am a Maryland native and my parents now live in Oregon!). My kids love to travel and I hope that they continue to!! This layout is full of layers and again everything from my projects today is from the kit, bar the stitching thread and the ink!! You really can get so much done with a kit without even having to raid your stash!!! The base of this layout is a sheet from Authentique Abroad, and then some gorgeous Prima Cartographer cut out layer mixed in with Prima Time Traveler.


Lots of layers happening in this layout. You can see Prima Time Traveler tags, flairs, flowers and brads here in this close up as well as the Prima Wooden ATC Card  pieces (I cut one in half to add under my photo and paper layers!). I've also added a Maya Road Kraft Library Card and Kraft Typography Numbers into my layers, and some beautiful Petaloo Burlap Blossom flowers. You can also see where I added the Prima Family Unit Lace Stickers  on the photo and one of the layers.


In this closeup you can see where I inked through the The Crafters Workshop Mini Love Post Stencil in black ink around the edges of my layout...It is so full of layers and details in the middle, I didn't want to add too much to take away from it. I also used the Ranger Onyx Pearl Liquid Pearls around the edges of my title ATC. I tied a bow with the Prima Trim around my photo. My finishing touch was a double row of stitching around the layout border.


I love raiding charity shops for fun things to alter sometimes and I bought this antiqued golden photo frame for fifty cents a few weeks back. When my kit arrived and my layouts and cards were completed I wanted to do one more project and this frame was right there near my craft table and perfectly suited for the gorgeous papers and colors in this kit! I had this fun image already printed out a while back. A fairly wild lady of days gone by preening herself for something to come!!! As you can tell I had used so many flowers in my layouts that I decided to stretch my kit even further and make flowers and other embellies using my dies as you can see here on the frame! I also used Prima Time Traveler Clear Stamps to ink up Now is the Time...for whatever this lady is getting ready for!!. I used Prima Time Traveler Paper for the base behind my photo, as well as the Time Traveler Flairs and Brads.

STRETCH YOUR KIT
EVEN FURTHER WITH DIES!!!!!


I love to use flowers and layers in my projects and I really loaded up my layouts with all the flowers and so many of the kit embellies!! For my cards and frame I still wanted to add some flowers, so I used some rolled rose dies from my stash to make my own flowers from pieces of scrap paper left over from the kit!!

Don't forget how much little details such as leaves tucked into a flower cluster can add! By adding some flourishes and leaves to my layouts, cards and frame, I really added some lovely details while using up smaller scraps of paper from the kit! The best way to get even more out of your kit!!!

I hope you try using any dies you might have in your stash to help your kit go even further!


1 comment:

Sarah-R said...

Really beautiful Cathi! Love all the layers!