Pages

March 28, 2014

Observations: A Layout for Creative Expressions


This week I wanted to do a layout again, this time featuring the Scented Border stamp we were given in our March DT package! I also used lots of yummy Spellbinders dies for this one.

For my base of my layout I used the gorgeous solid brown side of a Tim Holtz Crowded Attic Paper Stash paper. The larger blooms I used on the layout are also made from the patterned sides of several papers from this collection.


I started the layout by embossing the Scented Border stamps in two places with Cosmic Shimmer True White Detail Embossing Powder. This serves as a base to layer my photo for this layout. It is a photo of my daughter exploring the forest and looking at things. The forest was full of ferns, so I thought the gorgeous fern die cut from Spellbinders Foliage die set was perfect.

I added lots of gorgeous flowers from my favorite flower die cut set, the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms. I clustered these in two places around the photo. I added a butterfly from the Spellbinders Fanciful Flight die set. Many of the small blossoms and the butterfly have been inked and colored with gorgeous muted pink  Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.



As a final touch to add a title and some detail to my layout I added some rub ons from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Words Remnant Rubs: Observations and Life is good!  I love the earthy feel of this layout and really hope that you like it too!

Thanks so much for taking the time and stopping by!!

Scented Border Pre Cut Stamp  Cosmic Shimmer Detail Emboss Powder True White  Tim Holtz Idea-ology Crowded Attic Paper StashSpellbinder Die Foliage  Spellbinder Die Bitty Blossoms  Spellbinder Die Fanciful Flight
Distress Pad Victorian VelvetTim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs Words

3 comments:

Maremi's Small Art said...

Wonderful <3 work Cathi :)

Patricia said...

The stamp really gives a lovely frame to the photo...and well done on your flowers...they do look gorgeous!!!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Naturally beautiful!